Find out what our athletes have accomplished
Ty Olejnik became the WIAA Division 1 state long jump champion with a jump of 24’5.5” on June 2nd. Ty’s jump was the second furthest in state history and landed him a 7th ranked spot on the national honor roll. Ty also posted a state top 10 100m dash time with a 10.87 clocking in May. Ty will be attending the University of Missouri on a baseball scholarship.
Baseball and Professional Briefs
- Johnny Duranso, a junior from Arrowhead, was named first team all-area by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel for his outfield play and hitting. Duranso hit .447 with 27 RBI and 24 runs.
- Dom Clementi, a junior from Arrowhead, was named second team all-area by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel at Outfield. Clementi will attend the University of Michigan on a baseball scholarship.
- Jackson Hoang, a Senior at Pewaukee, recently committed to the University of Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on a baseball scholarship.
- Aaron Goecks, a Senior at Brookfield Academy, recently committed to the University of Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on a baseball scholarship
NX Level pro's in the news
- Check Out JJ Watt’s impressive 61” Box jump: link
- Ben Landry, a Pewaukee Native, was recently named to the US Mens Rugby team: link
Soccer and NX Level Fight Crew Update
- Boys Soccer, Griffin Jende, Pewaukee: The Pirates probably wouldn't be 14-1-1 and ranked No. 5 among Division 2 schools without the junior forward. One of only four sophomores to make the all-state list in 2013, Jende has scored 18 goals and has nine assists for the Pirates. He has either scored a goal or had an assist in every match this season
- NX Level Fight crew athlete Craig Eckelberg posted a third round submission win via arm bar during an RFA event on September 20th at The Rave.
- Tune into FoxSports1 on Wednesday nights at 9pm to watch NX Level’s Scott Cushman, Duke Rufous, Anthony Pettis, Sergio Pettis, Dustin Ortiz and Matt Gifford coach on “The Ultimate Fighter Season 20.”
Track and Field Round Up
State Meet Participants :
- D1 Boys Maurice Simpson (100m 5th, 200m 9th) - Christian Almonte (100m 3rd, 4x1/4x2) - Kevin Crowley (200m, 4x1/4x2) - Sam Haluska (4x4) - Will Duchow (4x4) Tyler Parbs (Pole Vault, 4x2)
- D2 Boys Ryan Send (100m, 200m)
- D1 Girls Kathleen Wartmann (300m Hurdles) Caroline Bong (4x1)
- D2 Girls Erin Jaynes (100m, 4x1) Maddy Rondeau (200m, 4x4)
Schroeder Swim Club Scores – more here.
- Alex Meyers, Adam Mania, and Geoff Mykelby finish fast at their respective national meets
- Stanford signee Alex Meyers was recently named Wisconsin Short Course swimmer of the year High School
- Kyle Gannon competed in the Football University Regional Combine in July and was honored with "Top Gun" status at defensive lineman. Kyle worked with Coach DeChon Burns and impressed many with his strength and football I.Q. Way to go Kyle!
MMA Action – Congrats to NAFC Milwaukee Megabrawl winners Rocky Magladeno (115), Pat Magladeno (135), Elias Garcia (125), Emmanuel Sanchez (145) and Corey Meeks (145). These five winners all train at Rufous Sport in Milwaukee, WI.
Congrats to Becca Haight on committing to Quinnipac to play rugby. Haight will also compete at the USA All-Star Rugby camp in July
- Congratulations to Trenton Sharkus on being selected top 24 from Wisconsin to go on to USA Hockey's Midwest Developmental Camp.
››February / Winter 2014
- Erik Koch got back on winning track with a 1st Round TKO win in UFC 170. It was Eriks first fight at 155 lb lightweight division.
- Chris Maragos became a Super Bowl Champion in Seattle Seahawks blowout win over the Denver Broncos. Way to go Chris!!!
››Winter / New Year's 2014
- Simone Lee was recently named Gatorade National Volleyball Femal High School Athlete of the Year for 2013 season. The 6-foot-1 senior outside hitter led the Indians to a 48-4 record and the Division I state title this past season. Lee recorded 660 kills, 355 digs, 100 service aces and 57 blocks while compiling a kill percentage of .461. A two-time First Team All-State selection, she is a 2013-14 First Team Under Armour All-American as named by the American Volleyball Coaches Association. She was a member of the 2012 U.S. Women’s Junior National Team and the 2013 USA Volleyball Girls’ Youth National Team. Check out the article here.
- Sergio Pettis wins UFC debut in 135 lb decision victory over Will Campuzano at UFC 167 event held at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. Check out the article here.
Area Football Players Playing Big
- Zach "Sack" Taylor, a Junior playing for Catholic Memorial, sealed a 16-14 victory over Waukesha West with a 20 yard interception return for a touchdown in regular season finale
- Senior Alec Kocour scored two of his three touchdowns in the first quarter in CMH's 41-0 playoff victory over New Berlin West.
- Sussex Hamilton Senior Drew Patterson ran for 280 yards and scored five touchdowns in their 37-34 playoff victory over BrookField Central.
- Josh Phillips: 32, of Milwaukee finished the Superior 100 ultra marathon in Lutsen, Minnesota on September 6-7. The race took over 24 hours and Josh never slept or stopped!!!
- Molly Manchon and Kaersten Meitz: are Waukesha South/Express swimmers who helped their team win the Blackshirt Invitational with their efforts in the 400 free relay with a meet-record time of 3 minutes 37.24 seconds. Manchon also contributed in the 200 free relay in a meet-record 1:37.49."The support was incredible," said Manchon. "It's very nice to have each other to lean on. We're always ready to race and we finished strong nicely. This meet is a good preview of what to expect at state."Added Meitz: "We do a really good job of building off each other's strengths."Meitz set a meet record in the 500 free in 4:51.2 as well.
- Alex Meyers: a Senior at University School, competed on the U.S. roster for the FINA World Junior Championships in the 400 meter freestyle relay. Good luck, Alex!
- Simone Lee: a Menomonee Falls Senior, made the FIVB Girls’ Youth National Volleyball Team that will compete in Thailand. Good luck, Simone!
- Aaron Goecks: a Sussex Hamilton Sophomore, completed an impressive season for the Wisconsin Elite U-15 baseball team. Goecks batted .408. He knocked in 45 runs while scoring 42 times. He finished with 60 hits and his on-base percentage was a gaudy .551.
- Trenton Tucker: an eighth grader from Waukesha, made the FBU Top Gun Elite Camp at the defensive back position. Tucker also booted a 43 yard field goal in making the Elite mark at Kicker.